A few weeks ago I tried another side dish from my favorite easy cooking book, and it was a big success.
This side dish was so simple: It only used four ingredients: Red Bell Peppers, Japanese mayo, panko & peppers. It tasted so savory and the flavor, rich! Chadsen & I loved it.
The simplicity in making this side dish makes it a must try.
1 Red bell pepper (or you can do yellow, or do 1/2 of each)
(Japanese) mayo - I may have put about a little smaller than quarter size on each bell pepper piece.
Panko - 1 Tbsp
Pepper - one-two shakes per piece.
1. Remove stem & the seeds from the bell pepper.
2. Cut the bell pepper vertically in half & slice the bell peppers into horizontal slices (You may have to compromise & try to make the best rectangle pieces that you can).
3. Put the bell peppers onto a pan that will fit in the toaster oven, then add the mayo and panko on top.
4. In the toaster oven, bake the bell peppers for 10-15 minutes, then broil for the last few minutes (about three mins).
5. After the bell peppers look a little crispy on top remove from the oven and add a shake of pepper or two on the bell peppers.