Saturday, April 6, 2013

Garlic Carrot Slices

The other day I made a side dish that wowed me. It was one of those dishes where the flavor comes bursting at you after several seconds of chewing it. I liked this dish to the degree that I used it as a main dish & added other veggie dishes for the side that day :).


Ingredients (for 2 people):
1. Carrot (1)
2. Minced garlic (1 clove)
3. Olive oil (1.5 Tbsp) I used regular vegetable oil. 
4. Salt (1/2 tsp)
5. Pepper (a few shakes)
6. Vinegar (1/2 Tbsp)

How to create this wowzer dish:
1. Slice the carrot into thin, 2-3 mm rounds. 
2. Mince the garlic clove.
3. In your pan add the oil & garlic. Cook using low heat. 
4. After you smell the fragrance of the cooking garlic, add the carrots, salt, & pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. After you see that the carrots are cooked add the vinegar for that extra surprise factor. 

Then make sure to enjoy eating it :))

Masumi

No comments:

Post a Comment