Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First Big Brown Bag

On Friday, two weeks ago I graduated from California State University, Los Angeles. Class of 2013, with a B.A. in Social Work. :)

In celebration, my parents wanted to buy me a gift. I thought long and hard about what to ask for, and it literally wasn't decided until the day before the dedicated shopping day! After much contemplation and discussion with the mom & pop, we agreed to buy me a much needed bag. The current one I have is on the brink of destruction. :(  

When we decided to buy a bag, I immediately knew where to drag her to: South Coast Plaza. That place simply has a huge selection of handbags (Most which are far beyond my financial reach but are still fun to look at ;)). Never have I had such a fun time bag-shopping!

Thanks to my parents, for the first time in my life I made a purchase at the store that will give you a Big/Medium/Small Brown Bag: Bloomingdales. I've wondered for a long while what store gave out those Brown Bags. Yesterday I realized that it wasn't a mystery at all. The store had been revealing itself on the side of the bag the entire time. -___-. Never did I imagine that I would walk out holding one of them myself. Who knows when I'll be shopping at that department store again, but that doesn't matter. Thanks to my parents I now have not only a graduation memoir but also a nice sturdy bag that hopefully I'll be able to use for a long time. (I'm one of those people who usually use one bag until it gets destroyed)

What I learned: 
Department stores tend to carry different products of a brand than the actual store. From experience, the department stores have the nicer items. 

Thanks Mom & Dad :)

Masumi

No comments:

Post a Comment